Most of the features of Longboarding bear close resemblances to skateboarding. It is mid of the 2000s, when longboarding started making huge scenes and attract more people towards it. Longboarding uses a lengthened board, larger wheels and sometimes bigger trucks to and often includes high speed, free ride, skim and slalom.
Apart from these common facts, there are also some more interesting and less-known facts about longboarding which everyone should know. And here are some of them to look for:
- Longboard is the act of boarding on long skate-like boards. However, longboards are usually bigger in size than the skateboards.
- The origin of longboarding dates back 1965s. But the attractiveness for longboarding caught limelight in the 2000s.
- The idea of longboarding is believed to be originated from surfers in Hawaii.
- In the 1970s, longboarding was considered as a secretive sport with some home hobbyists.
- With the introduction of internet connected the sports communities with each other and then in the early of 2000, longboard started grabbing eyeballs globally.